If you are interested in starting your academic journey at one of the UK’s most prestigious universities, apply for global PhD positions in applied mathematics offered by the University of St Andrews.
This project aims to improve our understanding of the energy balance of MHD waves in the solar atmosphere by using 3D MHD simulations to guide the interpretation of observations.
The University of St Andrews is one of the best universities in the UK and is one of the research-intensive learning venues in Europe. For your study adventures abroad, it offers an intimate and friendly atmosphere. In Scotland, it is the oldest of the four ancient universities.
Why study at the University of St Andrews? You will have the opportunity to adopt new perspectives and question your ideas at this university as you study a wide variety of subjects. In a new environment, it offers a wonderful opportunity to explore various cultures.
Application deadline: March 1, 2021
- University or organization: University of St Andrews
- Department: Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research (Doctorate)
- Prize: full registration
- Access mode: online
- Number of awards: NA
- Nationality: international
- The award can be picked up in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible for this program
- Acceptable courses or subjects: Patronage will be awarded for PhDs in Applied Mathematics.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
Candidates must not (i) possess a doctoral degree; or (ii) be enrolled in a doctorate from the University of St Andrews or another institution.
How to apply
- How to Apply: To qualify for this Global Doctoral Scholarship, applicants must apply for the Research Degree Programs in Applied Mathematics at the University of St Andrews.
- Supporting documents: CV or resume, a research proposal, two original signed academic references, a sample of academic work written in English, transcripts and graduation certificates, and certificate of English language requirements.
- Admission Requirements: Before applying, you need to check all admission requirements.
Language Requirements: Students whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency.
The University of St Andrews will award a PhD Fund covering full tuition as follows:
- The award covers full tuition fees for the time spent at the University of St Andrews. During this period, the student will also receive a stipend payable at the UK Research Council’s standard rate (the 2021-22 annual rate is £ 15,560).
- During the time spent at the University of Oslo, the student will receive a full award and a salary.